Game Design Lead – Skellefteå
Do you want to use the power of games to drive behavior change?
We’re looking for an experienced Game Designer (full-time) to join our dynamic, supportive, and exciting environment. This is an exciting opportunity to make a true difference for people living with chronic diseases through the power of games.
Creativity meets science
- As our Game Design Lead, you are responsible for the overall game design development
- You will turn strategic insights into concrete and well thought out game prototypes that can be tested
- You will be part of the X-team based in Skellefteå, working closely together with Producers, Creative Direction, Art Direction, UX, and Developers
- You will lead the game design and oversee deliveries
To excel in this role, we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- You’ve shipped mobile games in a Game Designer capacity or similar
- Comfortable working in a humble and open manner, with a willingness to both teach and learn from your colleagues
- Passion for creating polished, innovative, and most importantly, fun gameplay experiences
- Developing a deep understanding of our playtient’s needs and motivations in order to build habit-forming game experiences
- Bring knowledge, experience, design capabilities, and enthusiasm to the team to help achieve the objectives of developing games for health
- Constantly improve and advocate for best design and production practices
- Deliver high-quality content in a timely manner
- Work with the team on creating and writing flexible content
- Experience with both Level Design and Game Balancing
- Experience in the operation of live games and data-driven environments
What we offer
- Regular team events, e.g., Inspirational Fridays
- Part of a passionate game community at Arctic Game Lab, Campus Skellefteå
- Being part of an international team
Sounds like you? We would love to hear from you!
Please send your application with your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is available from now, we will review applications on an ongoing basis.